Zephaniah Blackstone Sr.
Click here to see a Family Group Sheet Birth: abt 1803 in GA Death: unknownFather: Probably Argyle Blackstone, b. 1769 in Essex County, VAWife: Martha M., b. abt 1807Mother: Probably Sarah, Wife of Argyle
- Sarah H.: b. abt 1825 - death date unknown.
- James Argyle: b. Feb. 27, 1828, in Augusta, Richmond County, GA, d. 1914 Montgomery County, AL
- Argyle: b. abt 1830
- Rhoda: b. abt 1832
- Louisa: b. abt 1834, Richmond County, GA
- Zephaniah "Dock": 1837, Richmond County, GA - aft 1890, Click here to see James Coleman's death certificate with "Dock" listed as his Father
- Sophronia: b. abt 1839, Augusta, Richmond County, GA
Timeline for Zephaniah Blackstone Sr.
- Zephaniah's brothers, Argyle and James went to fight in the Seminole Wars. Zephaniah was about 14 years old, and probable too young to go fight. 1817, Index to Volunteer Soldiers in Indian Wars and Disturbances, 1815-1858, transcribed by Virgil D. White, Argyle and JamesServed in Milton's 1'st Regiment of GA Mil in the Seminole War of 1817 - 1818.
1821, GA Gold Lottery
- Zepheniah Blackstone won land in 1821 in Houston Co. (#23 Sec: 11) and Henry County (#130, Sec:6) but was not shown in the Census. (Argyle Blackstone was in the same district) This is in the book "Wayfarers in Walton"
1823, June 18, Henry County, GA
- Zepheniah Blackstone is mentioned in Deeds of Henry County. Made in Col. Co. GA, by Rhody Reynolds of Col. Co. & Samuel Johnson of Oglethorpe Co. Wit. Zepheniah Blackstone & Milton McDonald. Proved by Zepheniah Blackstone in Col. Co. 18 June 1823. Apparently he was a witness to a sale of land in Columbia County, GA by Rody to Samuel.
1823, September 13, Richmond County, GA
- Zepheniah Blackstone of Richmond Co. sold his land from Henry Co. to John C. Winslett (Inglett?, this name in the Virginia records w/ Blackstone, GAGenMag#44/45:222) 13 Sep 1823, 202a-Dist 6, Lot 130. Surveyed 10 Aug 1821 by James Watson, Drawn by Blackston of Palmer's Dist. Richmond Co. 13 Jan 1824. This is in the book "Wayfarers in Walton".
1830, June 17'th, Richmond County, GA
1830 Census, Richmond County, GA (Rodes District)
1832, Georgia Gold Lottery
- Zepheniah Blackstone is listed on page 27, District 02, Section 3, Lot# 00184
1840 Census, Richmond County, GA (Pinetucky, Fort Gordon)
1847 Transcribed Letters of Administration of the Estate of Sarah Blackstone
1860 Census (October 8'th), Richmond County, GA (Near McBean, GA, Richmond Factory)
- On the 1860 Richmond County, GA Census, Zepheniah is listed as 59 years old, a Farmer, and living in Richmond County, GA in the 124’th district. His personal estate was valued at $50. Below is a list of people in his household:
- Martha, Age 52, Zephaniah's wife
- Argyle, Age 30
- Rhoda, Age 28
- Also, on the 1860 Richmond County, GA Census, Zephaniah’s son, Dock (21) is listed as the head of a household in the 124’th district with the following people living with him:
- Effy Age20, Dock's wife
- Josephine, Age 1, Dock and Effy's daughter
1861 – CIVIL WAR BEGINS
1863, August 24, Augusta, GA
1865 – CIVIL WAR ENDS
1880 Census, Richmond County, GA
- Zephaniah Blackston is listed as the head of household of the following people in the 1880 Richmond County, GA Census. Census Data avail. at www.familysearch.org
|Name||Relation||Marital Status||Gender||Race||Age||Birthplace||Occupation||Father's Birthplace||Mother's Birthplace|
|Zepeniah Blackston||Self||M||Male||W||43||GA||Works in Factory||GA||GA|
|Behethelan Blackston||Wife||M||Female||W||39||SC||Keeps House||SC||SC|
|Charley Blackston||Son||S||Male||W||18||GA||Works in Factory||GA||SC|
|James Blackstone||Son||S||Male||W||16||GA||Works in Factory||GA||Sc|
|Zepheniah Blackston||Son||S||Male||W||13||GA||Works in Factory||GA||SC|
|Alfred Blackston||Son||S||Male||W||11||GA||Works in Factory||GA||SC|
|Martha Blackston||Daughter||S||Female||W||9||GA|| ||GA||SC|
|John Blackston||Son||S||Male||W||8||GA|| ||GA||SC|
|Emily Blackston||Daughter||S||Female||W||3||GA|| ||GA||SC|
|Lewis Blackston||Son||S||Male||W||1||GA|| ||GA||SC|
|Manda Tetstone||other||D||Female||W||30||SC||Works in Mill||SC||SC|
- I do not know anything about Martha M. except that she was Zephaniah Sr.'s wife.